Sinolytics China offers three positions
Consultant, Analyst, and Intern. Work location Beijing or Shanghai Sinolytics is a growing and fast-moving business consultancy with offices in Beijing and Berlin. Our diverse group of experienced experts is connected by their passion for analyzing China’s development and the joy they find in combining in-depth research and hands-on problem-solving.
As a member of our team, you will play an important part in China-focused business and strategy consulting for international firms. You will be able to hone your analytical, research and communication skills by working on a diverse spectrum of topics and client cases, collaborating closely with some of the largest global corporations. As we further expand our China office, you can play a key role in driving Sinolytics’ China presence and business development.
Key activities for all Sinolytics positions include:
- Deep research and analysis on diverse topics across economic sectors (technology trends, market governance, cybersecurity regulation, sustainability, trade and investment, supply chains, and many more)
- Collect, summarize, and organize relevant data and information into accurate and timely output
- Preparation of project deliverables: client briefings, presentation materials, reports, etc.
- Present findings and assessments in internal discussions and client meetings
Requirements for all Sinolytics positions:
- Strong analytical abilities, curiosity, and passion for continuous learning
- Openness to challenge and rethink conventional assumptions
- Ability to work independently and self-driven in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient Chinese and English language skills
Responsibilities: Sinolytics consultants take on significant responsibilities in managing project modules and creating deliverables, supervising team members, interacting with clients and supporting business development
Education: MA (or equivalent) in economics, business administration, political science, law, or other relevant field, overseas experience a plus
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in business, business and/or policy consulting or research
Responsibilities: Sinolytics analysts provide high-quality, in-depth research and analytical judgement on complex topics; they make significant contributions to our products and present to clients
Education: BA or MA (or equivalent) in economics, business administration, political science, law, or other relevant field, overseas experience a plus
Experience: This is an entry-level position, but initial previous work experience/relevant internships is a plus
Intern/Research Fellow (3 to 12 months period, part-time engagement possible, paid) Responsibilities: Sinolytics Interns/Research Fellows are fully integrated into the Sinolytics project teams, providing crucial research and analysis inputs, and taking part in client interaction Education: Studies in economics, business administration, political science, China studies or other relevant field; applicants with background in computer science or engineering are welcome to apply
Application process for all positions:
Required materials: Letter of motivation (max. 1 page) and CV in English.
Please submit your documents by June 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internship Program (Berlin or Beijing Office)
We are happy to receive applications for internships during the second half of 2022.
Sinolytics (www.sinolytics.de) will accept applications on a rolling basis for paid full-time internships with a minimum duration of three months. The internship program is open to current students or recent graduates.
Sinolytics is a young and fast-moving start-up in the center of Berlin. Interns will have the opportunity to contribute to challenging analysis and consulting projects, to work with a team of experienced and dedicated China experts and to gain first-hand experience in China-focused strategy development and business advice.
- Studies in economics, business administration, political science, China studies or other relevant field; applicants with background in computer science or engineering are welcome to apply
- Excellent Chinese language skills (speaking and reading at HSK5 level or equivalent)
- Strong analytical abilities on China-related topics
- Experience in living/studying in China and at least one working experience/internship relevant to Sinolytics’ work
- Curiosity, openness to challenge and rethink conventional assumptions, and dedication to understanding today’s rapidly changing China
- Professional English skills
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page)
If you would like to apply for an Internship, please send your letter of motivation and CV to email@example.com. Please indicate your dates of availability as well as your preferred location for the internship. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to two interviews including a Chinese language test for non-native speakers.